Friday, September 24, 2010

The Final Countdown

To be honest, I’m not feeling very good about my upcoming race. Tuesday I bailed on a 5 mile run in order to enjoy spaghetti (prepared by Jesse) and a few games of pool. I was planning to run, but by the time we ate and I let everything digest, it was pretty dark out. Despite how many times I look at this lighted running band http://www.goneforarun.com/LED_NiteBEAMS_Arm_Leg_Bands_p/nb-ab01.htm I still haven’t ordered one (or more). Of course I regret not running now…

Wednesday I put in three miles, but not before finding an hour and a half worth of things to do in order to procrastinate. I ran 10 minute miles and felt good … except for this knee pain I have developed over the past few days. It all started during my 8 mile run on Sunday and it hasn’t gone away. It is weird because it is the outside of my knees that hurt.

Thursday I was supposed to run two miles, but it was dark by the time I made it home from work, and my knees were hurting pretty bad. John even offered to run with me, but I decided to rest and not run anymore until the race.

So I’m sure you can see why I’m a little nervous for the race. Hopefully the training I have put in will be enough to get me to the finish line without walking. I know I’ll have lots of family and friends out to support me, and my Co-Race Director from Ele’s Race, who is the 10 minute mile pacer is coming back to run the last two miles with me after he finished the race! Thank goodness so many people believe in me when I’m doubting myself!

On a side note – have you ever seen one of those stickers on the back of someone’s car that says, “13.1”? I want one of those…it just might be the driving force for me to finish!

2 comments:

  1. I see those stickers all the time! I need a 5k one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job yesterday! I am so proud! I thought this article was interesting. Check it out! http://www.active.com/running/Articles/Make_the_Most_Out_of_a_Bad_Run.htm?cmp=18-1317&utm_source=sendible&utm_medium=feed

    ReplyDelete